Notes Chapter 4 Albert Einstein at School
Get Class 11 Albert Einstein at School Notes PDF Download, which is based on the latest pattern of CBSE and NCERT. It involves every one of the points given in NCERT class 11 English book. You can easily download these Albert Einstein at School Class 11 notes given below.
Download CBSE Class 11 Albert Einstein at School Notes in PDF free of charge. It will help you to make your preparation better to score higher marks in exams. These Albert Einstein at school notes are prepared by our expert teachers.
This Albert Einstein at School Class 11 notes assist you with revising the complete chapter in minutes. One of the best tips suggested by teachers is revising the notes during exam time.
Class 11 commerce students can refer to Chapter 4 Albert Einstein at School notes given below which is an important chapter in the class 11 English book. These notes and important questions and answers have been prepared based on the latest CBSE and NCERT syllabus and books issued for the current academic year. Our team of English teachers has prepared these notes for class 11 English for the benefit of students so that you can read these revision notes and understand each topic carefully.
Albert Einstein at School Notes Class 11 English
Refer to the notes and important questions given below for Albert Einstein at School which is really useful and has been recommended by Class 11 English teachers. Understanding the concepts in detail and then solving questions by yourself will help you to learn all topics given in your NCERT Books.
- In the history class, the teacher Mr. Braun questioned Albert about the year in which the Prussians defeated the French to Waterloo. Albert told him that he didn’t know and he must have forgotten. This irritated the teacher.
- On being asked the reason for his ignorance of the subject Albert replied that he didn’t see a point in learning dates of battles. According to him, it was more important to know the causes of a battle.
- The teacher felt insulted and taunted Albert to explain his “theory of education”. Albert told him that education should be about ideas and not facts.
- The teacher said that Albert was a disgrace to the class and that he disrupted the discipline with his unruly behavior.
- Albert felt miserable when he left the school that afternoon. He didn’t like this school
- He found no peace/solace at his living quarters. He lived in a small room in one of the poorest quarters of Munich.
- His landlady would beat her children regularly who would then wail all the time. Her husband was quite violent towards her. Moreover, the landlady didn’t let Albert play the violin which he liked so much. He complained to his only friend Yuri about his miserable life. He hated the atmosphere of slum violence.
- Once his cousin Elsa visited him in Munich. When albert shared his experience and views about education, she told him that passing an examination was an easy thing. She gave examples of some stupid boys who had easily passed in exams by merely rote learning facts like a parrot. Few more months elapse but there is no respite for Albert. He is still feeling miserable at his school due to traditional education pattern which doesn’t leave any scope for creativity and expression of ideas.
- He meets Yuri after a long gap and seeks his help. He has an idea. He tells Yuri that if he is able to obtain a medical certificate stating that he’s suffering from nervous breakdown, then perhaps he could get rid of school.
- Yuri agrees to help him because he understands his tense state of mind. He finds Dr. Ernest Weil who could help albert.
- However, Yuri advices Albert against lying before the doctor. He suggests that Albert must share his problems frankly with the doctor.
- When Albert visited Dr. Ernest Weil he had really come near a nervous breakdown because he was too worried about presenting his problems.
- Dr. Ernest understood his mental state and issued him the certificate.
- Albert thanks Yuri for his help. Yuri advices him to take a reference from the mathematics teacher before leaving the school.
- Mr. Koch, the mathematics, teacher writes a brilliant reference for Albert stating that Albert was a genius in the subject. Albert is full of gratitude for his mathematics teacher.
- Albert goes straight to the room of the head master with the certificate hoping that he would be able to get a break from the school for some months.
- He is taken for a surprise when the head master expels him from the school due to his unruly behavior and disregard for education. He feels as if the medical certificate was burning a hole in his pocket because he could not tell the head master how unhappy he was with their education system.
- Anyways, he goes to Milan and joins another school. The whole world knows his journey thereafter.
Short Answer Type Questions
Question. What was the opinion of Mrs. Koch about Albert?
Ans. Mr. Koch appreciated Albert for him intelligence. He was impressed by his knowledge of maths. He felt that Albert knew more than him in Maths. He gave him a glowing certificate in Maths.
Question. Why did Mr. Braun scold young Einstein?
Ans. Mr. Braun, the history teacher scolded young Einstein because he did not remember the dates of events in history. Further, the annoyed him by giving statements against education. He told the teacher that learning the dates of historical events was meaningless.
Question. Why was Albert tense about this neighborhood?
Ans. Albert did not like the environment of his neighbourhood as the land lord often beat him wife. The wife also beat children. There was a lot of violence in the neighbourhood. The landlady did not let him play violin.
Students Who Practice these Class 11 Albert Einstein at School notes will observe that each concept is depicted in a clear way including the equations, formula, diagram, important questions, and MCQs.
You can also download other study materials like Sample papers, MCQ Questions, NCERT Solutions, NCERT Book, Unseen Passage, and HOTs Questions for Class 11 English on our website.
We hope these notes will help you to score good marks in your exam. If you have any doubt in regard to Albert Einstein at school Class 11 notes, write a comment in the box given below.